The use of techonology for a method in learning is rapidly developed and effect the students’ learning process. This research is aimed to find out about the perception of college students about a learning method of English by using a software named AntConc. The data were collected through questionnaires divided into pre-questionnaire and post-questionnaire. Pre questionnaire was about students’ perception towards AntConc software itself and the post questionnaire was about students’ perception using the software. The respondents were 51 students of Engineering Department, Politeknik Negeri Jakarta.. This research shows that Antconc software can be an alternative method to enhance students learning of English by using some tools on its software.
- Altiner, C., (2015), Perceptions of Undergraduate Students about Sychronous Video Conference-based English Course. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences. 627 – 633
- Anthony, L. (2004). AntConc: A Learner and Classroom Friendly, Multi-Platfrom Corpus Analysis Toolkit. An Interactive Workshop on Language e-Learning 7 – 13
- Biber D. et al. (2007). Longman grammar of spoken and written English. Essex: Pearson Education Limited,
- Boulton, A. (2010).Data-Driven Learning: Taking the computer out of the equation. Language Learning, 60(3). 534-572,
- Cruse, Alan, (2016). Meaning in Language. New York: Oxford University Press
- Crystal, David, (2004).The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language. Great Britain: Cambridge University Press.
- Murcia-Celce, Marianne and Diane Larsen-Freeman, 1999. The Grammar Book:An ESL/EFL Teacher’s Course.
- O’Grady, William et al. (1996). Contemporary Linguistics An Introduction. Copp Clark Pitman Ltd.
- Quirk, R. Sidney Greenbaum, Geoffrey Leech, Jan Savartvik. (1985). Comprehensive Grammar of English Language. London: Longman.
- Rapp, R. (2001). The Computation of Word Associations: Comparing Syntagmatic and Paradigmatic Approaches. Information Processing & Management , 28 (3), 317–332.