CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIAL JOURNAL is a scientific publication that contains research results in Civil Engineering that have never been published. This scientific code of ethics statement is a statement of the principle of ethics of all parties involved in this scientific journal's publication process, namely managers, editors, reviewers’ partners, and authors/writers. The statement of ethics code for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which in essence, the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications is essentially upholding three ethical values in publications, namely:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications.
- Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers; and
- Honesty is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Chief Editor
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, scale, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine editor membership.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewer partners, and other parties.
- Appreciate confidential view things, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and partners.
- Applying norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, particularly copyright.
- Reviewing journal policies and submitting them to authors/writers, editors, reviewers’ partners, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guidelines for editors and peer-reviewed partners.
- Publish a journal regularly.
- Ensure the availability of sources of funds for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Build cooperation and marketing networks.
- Improve the quality of journals.
- Preparing licensing and other legality aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor
- The editor provides comments on the writer's writing so that readers can understand what the author wants to convey through the comments written on the manuscript.
- The editor provides comments on the writer's writing following the EYD (Enhanced Spelling) language or the language under the journal's standardization.
- Editors make efforts to improve the quality of publications sustainable.
- The editor objectively puts forward freedom of opinion,
- The editor submits corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if necessary,
- The editor ensures that the author's writing does not involve SARA or anything that can harm the Publisher and coordinates the author's writing to the editor in chief of the Publisher if the script is a little controversial.
- The editor receives, reviews, and follows up on complaints from all parties involved in journal publishing;
- The editor supports initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics,
- The editor does not defend his own opinion, author, or third party, which may result in non-objective decisions,
- Editors encourage authors/writers to improve the paper so that it is fit for publication.
- Editor layouts the manuscript to be published so that it fits the journal template.
- The editor assists the editor-in-chief in finalizing a collection of manuscripts before printing and publication, especially in terms of language, format, and layout.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewer
- Provide objective and unbiased written feedback regarding the scientific value and contribution of manuscripts to the development of knowledge.
- Show whether the manuscript writing is clear, complete, and relevant and whether the manuscript is following the scope of the journal.
- Not giving personal criticism or comments; and
- Maintain the manuscript's confidentiality by not discussing it with unrelated parties or disclosing information in the manuscript.
Duties and Responsibilities of Website Administrators
A website administrator is a person who is responsible for managing the journal website. Specifically, the scope of the Website Administrator's duties is as follows:
- Setting up a journal website.
- Configure system options and manage user accounts.
- Registering for editors, reviewers, and authors.
- Manage journal features.
- View the report statistics; and
- Uploading/publishing papers that are accepted status.