As has happened in various cases of earthquakes, the impact caused by each earthquake event varies, because the earthquake shaking that occurs on the ground is not only influenced by the distance and strength of the earthquake, but also by local soil conditions which are related to the amplification phenomenon. earthquake waves are influenced by the type and thickness of the soil/sediment layer above the bedrock. Reinforced concrete storey buildings are designed to withstand both vertical and horizontal loads. The taller the building, the greater the lateral load that will be received by the building structure. In the design of earthquake-resistant structures, the inelastic behavior of the structure is highly expected for the occurrence of earthquake energy dispersion during both moderate and strong earthquakes. In earthquake-prone countries such as Indonesia, it is required to comply with applicable national standards and the structure can still function and be safe from earthquakes affected by the earthquake. The purpose of this study was to determine how much influence the type of soil has on the lateral displacement of a 10-story reinforced concrete building using shear walls in accordance with earthquake building regulations (SNI 1726, 2019) and loading (SNI 1727, 2020). The results obtained that soft soil types have the largest displacement value with a value of 91,831 mm and hard rock soil types have the smallest displacement value with a value of 44,114 mm.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Cheng, M. Y., Chou, Y., & Wibowo, L. S. B. (2020). Cyclic Response of Reinforced Concrete Squat Walls to Boundary Element Arrangement. ACI Structural Journal, 117(4), 15–24. https://doi.org/10.14359/51725754
- Fakhrurrazi, S. T., & Muttaqin, M. (2018). Analisis Komparasi Rasio Kapasitas Kolom Gedung Bertingkat Rendah pada 23 Kabupaten di Provinsi Aceh Berdasarkan SNI 03-1726- 2002 Dan SNI 03-1726-2012. JARSP: Jurnal Arsip Rekayasa Sipil dan Perencanaan, 1(4), 184-191. https://doi.org/10.24815/jarsp.v1i4.12470
- Irsyam M., Dangkua T. D., Kusumastuti D., Kertapati, E. (2007). Methodology of Site Specific Seismic Hazard Analysis for Important Civil Structure. Journal Civil Engineering Dimension, 9 (2): 103-112.
- Irsyam M., Sengara, I.W., Widiyantoro, S., Natawijaya, D.H., Triyoso, W., Meilano, I., Kertapati, E., Aldiamar, F., Suhardjono, Asrurifak, M, Ridwan, M. (2010). Ringkasan Hasil Studi Tim Revisi Peta Gempa Indonesia. Laporan Tim Revisi Peta Gempa Indonesia. Puslitbang Permukiman.
- Nawy, E. G. (2009). Reinforced Concrete (A Fundamental Approach) 6th ed. Pearson Education, Inc.
- Schodek, D. L. and Bechthold, M. (2013). Structures 7th ed. Pearson.
- SNI 1726. (2019). Tata Cara Perencanaan Descahanan Gempa untuk Struktur Bangunan Gedung dan Nongedung. In Badan Standarisasi Nasional.
- SNI 1727. (2020). Beban Minimum untuk Perancangan Bangunan Gedung dan Struktur Lain. In Badan Standardisasi Nasional.
- SNI 2847. (2019). Persyaratan Beton Struktural untuk Bangunan Gedung dan Penjelasan. In Badan Standarisasi Nasional.
- Zebua, D., & K. (2022). Performance Evaluation of Highrise Building Structure Based on Pushover Analysis with ATC-40 Method. Applied Research on Civil Engineering and Environment (ARCEE), 3(02), 54–63. https://doi.org/10.32722/arcee.v3i02.4334