Performance Evaluation of Highrise Building Structure Based on Pushover Analysis with ATC-40 Method
The concept of earthquake-resistant buildings is very meaningful to try on buildings located in certain earthquake areas, especially in Indonesia considering the situation which is located in a shock area with a fairly high intensity of events. The purpose of this research is to determine the seismic performance criteria of the planned structure using the SMRF (Special Moment Resisting Frame) structural system from the results of the displacement values using the ATC-40 code, showing the yielding scheme (plastic joint distribution) that occurs from the calculation results of the software program, knowing the pattern of building collapse so that it can be known joint- joint that is damaged and damaged from the pushover analysis. From the results of the research, the building structure is able to provide nonlinear behavior which is indicated by the initial phase and the majority of the occurrence of plastic joints occurs in new beam elements and then column elements and has fulfilled the earthquake-resistant building concept, namely strong column - weak beam. The results of the structural performance evaluation according to the ATC-40 rule that the Performance Level of the SMRF building in the x and y directions is at a Performance Level of 0.011 in the Immediate Occupancy (IO) category where the building is safe during an earthquake, the risk of loss of life and structural failure is not too significant, the building does not experience significant damage, and can be reused and not disturbed by repair problems, where the strength and stiffness are approximately the same as the conditions before the earthquake.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- ASCE. (2016). Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures (pp. 7-16). American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA
- ATC 40. (1996). Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings. Redwood City, California, USA.
- Cheng, M. Y., Chou, Y., & Wibowo, L. S. B. (2020). Cyclic response of reinforced concrete squat walls to boundary element arrangement. ACI Structural Journal, 117(4), 15–24. https://doi.org/10.14359/51725754
- Computer and Structures, Inc. (2020). ETABS version 19 Manual. Computer and Structures, Inc., Berkeley, C.A.
- Moehle, J. P., Hooper, J. D., Fields, D. C., & Gedhada, R. (2012). Seismic Design of Cast-in-Place Concrete Special Structural Walls and Coupling Beams A Guide for Practicing Engineers. 6(6).
- Nawy, E. G. (n.d.). Reinforced Concrete (A Fundamental Approach) 6th ed. Pearson Education, Inc.
- Pranata, YA. (2006). Evaluasi Kinerja Gedung Beton Bertulang Tahan Gempa dengan Pushover Analysis (Sesuai ATC-40, FEMA 356 dan FEMA 440). Jurnal Teknik Sipil, 3(1).
- SNI 1726. (2019). Tata Cara Perencanaan Ketahanan Gempa untuk Struktur Bangunan Gedung dan Nongedung. In Badan Standarisasi Nasional.
- SNI 1727. (2020). Beban Minimum untuk Perancangan Bangunan Gedung dan Struktur Lain. In Badan Standardisasi Nasional.
- SNI 2847. (2019). Persyaratan Beton Struktural untuk Bangunan Gedung dan Penjelasan. In Badan Standarisasi Nasional.
- Wibowo, L. S. B., & Zebua, D. (2021). Analisis Pengaruh Lokasi Dinding Geser Terhadap Pergeseran Lateral Bangunan Bertingkat Beton Bertulang 5 Lantai . Ge-STRAM: Jurnal Perencanaan dan Rekayasa Sipil, 04(01), 16–20.
- Zebua, D., Wibowo, L. S. B., Cahyono, M. S. D., & Ray, N. (2020). Evaluasi Simpangan Pada Bangunan Bertingkat Beton Bertulang berdasarkan Analisis Pushover dengan Metode ATC-40. Ge-STRAM: Jurnal Perencanaan Dan Rekayasa Sipil, 3(2).